OUGD603: Brief 17 — Welsh & Jefferies - Final Boards / Evaluation

Below is an ISSUU document, counting my final boards for Welsh & Jefferies: 



                                                                                                                                                            

Evaluation

Certainly the most intimidating brief of the year, for two reasons. 

Firstly, this was a BIG live brief. Welsh & Jefferies are a highly reputable tailors on Savile Row, so I was under a lot of pressure to do a good job. The task was even more challenging as the brand needs a refresh, but still needs to hold a certain heritage and tradition. The project itself was extremely large, with both a website and a full rebrand creating such a large project. 

Secondly, this is my last substantial brief of the year, so I really wanted to 'smash it', ending the year on a high note. 

Although quite scared to begin the brief, visiting the tailors for regular meetings really helped. Not only could I gain an understanding of the brand in full, but also conversing with such a large client in person also broke the ice. Originally, all the tailors wanted was a website revamp, but I feel that meeting up in person helped push for a full rebrand. 

Designing their website was also a real challenge for me. I started this brief before my 'Svpply' brief, so I had very little knowledge on creating websites in a manner that helps with coding. Luckily enough, the coder I am working with on the website is a good friend, who explained to me exactly how the website should be designed for him to work on. 

Although the final printed collateral is yet to be printed, and the full website is not coded yet, I feel this project is already a fantastic portfolio piece. I gained a huge understanding in an industry that was completely alien to me, and the outcome shows this full understanding. I would love to work with retail clients more often, and in more specifically, I hope more fashion brands can be my clients in the future. 

Thursday 21 May 2015 by Unknown
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply