OUGD603: Brief 09 — Stack Magazine - Final Boards / Evaluation

Below is an ISSUU condiment containing the final boards for Stack Magazine:





                                                                                                                                                             

Evaluation


At first, this brief was not promising. The client I am working with on it seemed very disorganised, and there was poor communication on her end.  A brief was never put together in full, just emails sent now and then with information and possible influences. Not having a set brief to look at made the whole process much more difficult. For this reason, I compiled all of the relevant information into one document and created a brief. This made the whole process much easier, and allowed me to make design decisions.

As the brief progressed, the overall job was made much easier. Charlotte sent through all the body copy, allowing me to get started on layouts. I was also allowed entire creative freedom on the magazine, with nothing but positive feedback in return.

Although all the body copy was sent through, Charlotte is still waiting on a lot of the imagery from illustrators. I had to randomly leave spaces for the imagery, which could cause issues if they’re not the right format.

Although the magazine is not finished yet, I’m really proud of it’s progress. I think it certainly has it’s own unique identity, and I did not fall into any obvious cliché design decisions made with independent magazines. Creating a full magazines pushed me in terms of layout and type setting, and working with existing body copy. Pages seem well balanced, and also varied visually.


I cannot wait for the finalised magazine to be printed at mass, partly because I will be paid, and partly because of the pride behind it. I look forward to working on future editions.

Thursday 21 May 2015 by Unknown
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply