OUGD603: Brief 10 — DR ME - Final Boards / Evaluation

Below is an ISSUU document, containing my final boards for DR ME: 




                                                                                                                                                             

Evaluation


This live day brief was good fun, mainly because I took a step back from working typographically, and spent my time working with images. Using image collages is something I have experimented with before my degree, but not something I’ve spent much time on.

Obviously with trying something new, came challenges. I felt that the vinyl sleeve I created on the day was visually interesting and communicated different aspects of the song, but not the overall feel of the song. I stripped back my ideas to a single feeling the song communicated, and worked with more of a concept. This helped me create something that was visually quite surreal, which reflected the song perfectly.


Creating the final cover also challenged my image manipulation skills. Although the final outcome is fairly realistic, I feel that it could have been done better by someone with better image manipulation skills. I would like to revisit this in the future when I’ve improved at image manipulation.

Thursday 21 May 2015 by Unknown
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply