OUGD603: Brief 13 — Something More - Final Boards / Evaluation

Below is an ISSUU document, containing my final boards for Something More: 



                                                                                                                                                             

Evaluation


When informed that I was going to be branding a library, my mind completely locked up. Being such a boring and lifeless place, initially I saw this as a brief I was going to hate and produce an outcome that reflected my dislike of the brief.

All that was needed was a different approach. This brief made me reconsider how a library could work internally, as oppose to just the aesthetic and obvious branded collateral. By contrasting the library with something so different (a bar / restaurant), it opened up possibilities that would not be available before. It made me consider how both could be used hand in hand, such as loyalty cards that encouraged returning books on time, with drink and food bonuses.


Taking inspiration from neon signage gave a refreshing aesthetic that would be very uncommon in a library. Creating the iconography and signage for this also taught me more about working with image, creating softer and consistent curves.  Being able to use type software also helped me edit an existing font to use (Las Enter Revised). 



Thursday 21 May 2015 by Unknown
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply